For: 1 loaf tin
Preparation time: 30 minutes Baking time: 75 minutes Resting time: 30 minutes
1. Briefly mix the flour, baking power, a pinch of salt and whipping cream together.
2. Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy and the mixture is creamy. Then add the eggs and beat again until creamy. Mix this mixture with the dough.
3. Remove a third of the dough and mix it with the cocoa.
4. Pre-heat the oven to 180 °C. Pour the cocoa mixture into the loaf tin and bake for about 30 minutes.
5. Leave the cake to cool for 15 minutes. Then cut the cake into slices two fingers wide.
6. Take a biscuit cutter (in this case, a Christmas tree) and cut Christmas trees out of the slices.
7. Take another loaf tin and add a thin layer of dough. Then line up the cut-out Christmas trees on the layer of dough like an army. Pour the rest of the dough into the tin, making sure to cover the Christmas trees.
8. Bake at 180 °C for about 45 minutes. After baking, leave the cake to cool for 15 minutes. 9. Decorate as desired, e.g. use icing to draw a Christmas tree on the cake. Serve on the king's cake plate from the Toy's Delight Royal Classic collection and enjoy. Bon appétit!